BNP Paribas – focus on ‘customer proximity’ at the digital bank of the future
From BYOD to CYOD: how and why BNP Paribas Fortis made the change
From BlackBerry to iOS and from BYOD to CYOD
At BNP Paribas Fortis, employee satisfaction ranks high on the list of priorities. That is partially why the bank was one of the first Belgian companies to give its employees a say on the devices they use at work. Until recently, this was done via the Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) principle. This allowed employees to use their own familiar devices at work and made it easy to work remotely. The latter is a prime example of the New Way Of Working (NWOW), an approach employees have come to take for granted these days.
However, the diversity of devices and operational systems has also created numerous operational challenges. These include security risks and an additional workload for the internal ICT department. In 2016, the support contract for the fleet of BlackBerry devices expired as well. The choice in favour of a general standardisation in a stable iOS platform and to trade the Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) scheme for a centralised Choose Your Own Device (CYOD) approach, was therefore a no-brainer.
The search for the right partner
BNP Paribas Fortis was looking for a business partner that, in addition to supplying the devices, would also be the party taking care of the entire digital procurement and business process outsourcing.
- web based procurement platform with on-line payment functionalities offering rental solutions and buy-back options for employees leaving the company
- full asset lifecycle management, including monitoring orders, invoicing, temporary swap & repair, and help desk support for end users
- governance on an operational, tactical and strategic level
A challenge that seamlessly falls in line with the flexible Econocom service and our experience. After all, a centralised work flow and data management happen to be our specialities.
A digital and mobile bank is a benefit to the customer as well
However, BNP Paribas Fortis is not only concerned about maintaining a high level of employee satisfaction. Continuously optimising the customer journey, streamlining processes from beginning to end, and developing digital customer-oriented services definitely fit into the vision of the “bank of the future”.
What we represent to BNP Paribas Fortis
- Sourcing & Digital procurement
We provided 9,000 devices (iPhone & iPad) and manage approximately 11,000 SIM cards. After 2 years, the entire fleet of devices will be replaced. A customised e-commerce portal will allow 1,435 BNP Paribas Fortis managers to independently order smartphones, tablets and accessories and to manage their personal CYOD account.
- Managed services for operational management
Econocom takes care of the entire Asset Lifecycle Management of the devices. This includes the delivery, installation, configuration and even the handling of returns or buy-backs. The delivered devices are registered on a central MDM platform with remote activation of the SIM card. A dedicated help desk for any support requests of end users is available as well.
- Digital Security
All devices are equipped with a code and fingerprint security, while certain cloud functions have been disabled. Applications are only accessible via de enterprise app store, a container solution enabling the bank to control its own security. In addition, all data exchange takes place via a tightly secured tunnel.
What are the benefits?
- It brought the customers and banking staff closer together. It benefits both productivity and customer satisfaction.
- It enhanced the digital skills of the workforce, as well as employee satisfaction.
- BNP has 1 single SPOC partner for the complete centralised and permanent outsourcing of the operational management for the entire digital, mobile fleet.